Skip to main content

So, darlin, save the last dance for me...

Yesterday was a wholly fantastic day. Though, admittedly, I am still sore from it.

Well, I suppose one might say it started around 4:11AM when, after falling asleep on the couch watching Ugly Betty, I was awoken by my "I Was Made To Love You" ring tone. It was Clay--we worked at COI together. I, unaware that it was so darn early, thought that he might be calling to tell me that he was on his way to Greenville. I was mistake. However, I was rewarded by being serenaded to by two wonderful camp boys (Clay & Matt). I can't even remember the songs they sang, but it made me laugh.

So. Back to bed. My actual bed this time. After, of course, shutting off the TV, A/C, and other living room things. And I woke again the next morning, nice and late at around 10am or so. I showered and spent way too much time picking out clothes for hiking.

Clay picked me up around 11 or so. And we made our way up to Camp Old Indian. I had never been up to Old Indian mountain before. I've got to go again in the fall when it's cooler and the leaves are changing. :-) Poor Clay, though, he'll probably never go hiking with me again. Each time we go (total of 2 times) there are an insane amount of spiderwebs in the trail. I know that a few is normal, but one every few feet? And they kept getting Clay right in the mouth! We eventually made it up to the top.


[Clay and I atop Old Indian Mountain]


[The woods are a great place to take photos...]


[The place that was my home when I was a camper!]


Came home and showered off all my nastiness and started making dinner for one. Spaghetti with tomato-pesto sauce, cheese sticks, and mini-éclairs for desert. I know...I'm high class. So, just on a whim, I decided to call my friend Will--another friend from COI. Just to chat. Well, he was going contra dancing and did I want to come? Heck yes!

After spending way too much time trying to figure out what the heck to wear to a contra dance, I headed out. I got there late and missed the lesson. That was okay, though, because it's rather easy to pick up...and they walk through every dance once before you actually do it. The place was filled with hippies young and old and some that were a bit smelly, but that was alright--it was definitely a new experience. It was also definitely a lot of fun. However, y brand new ballet flats that I bought specifically for dancing kept falling off my feet, so I changed into my Tevas. Yeah...real cute with a skirt. But now Will and I had matching feet--haha--and my feet stayed in my shoes. There was a short break during which they played a waltz. So, Will and I waltzed...and I was no good at that. I have a hard time following guys when I'm dancing sometimes.

Contra dancing is hard to describe. I've heard it put that it is sort of like square dancing and swing dancing mixed together. I've never been square dancing, so I don't know. But it is definitely country! (Not country as in the music but country as in the culture...) Lucky me, I found that sometimes, on Wednesday nights there is contra dancing near my house that starts right around the time I get out of class.

I decided that I need more days like that one. Hiking and dancing and time spent with friends. Yeah...that sounds good to me.

♥, Tiffany Anne

Comments

  1. As I recall from my few experiences contra dancing, it's definitely far more like square than swing. It's all done according to a caller, right? And you just do whatever move that's announced...is that about right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy looks just like one of my brother's friends. All except those nasty dreadlocks. Make him shave those stinkers off, they are unhealthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, there's a caller. They call every move for the first few times, and then eventually you get the hang of it and they don't call every single thing. But yeah.


    And, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the dreds, he's got adorably curly hair which I LOVE. But, I think he's going to have a shorn head sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Single is fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm! Love being single!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia