Skip to main content

So, when are you getting married?

My roommate asked me this shortly after barging in my room to see my ring. (Barging in rooms in not always acceptable. When it involves engagement rings, however, it totally is.)

Like, three months. I said, nonchalantly.

Oh my gosh! You're already into your 90-day countdown!

But our 90-day countdown only lasted one day, because the next day, Mike threw out this idea:

Would you be open to....if God just opened up doors and let everything fall into place...getting married in, like, six weeks?

It was a crazy thought. Six weeks? Is that even possible? But I agreed. Hey--the sooner I'm married to this wonderful man, the better! Well, we decided to try and plan a wedding before I started school. The new date gave me exactly five weeks from the day I got engaged.

Oh. my. gosh.

But guess what? God really is just bringing everything together.

We've started pre-marital counseling. I've bought my dress and I'll get it back from the alteration shop at least 10-days prior to the wedding. We've got places for the ceremony and reception. We've got a caterer, a photographer, a videographer, and a pastor. The invitations went out today. We've got a website. We've got our attendants, flower girl, & ring bearer.

And we've been engaged for less than a week!

Comments

  1. That's the way to do it! This long engagement business is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia