Skip to main content

Simple little morning

Sometimes, I look at childless couples (namely Mary & Evan who seem to have SO MUCH FUN together) and I'm think, your life is like one big date! (Because there are no toddlers to chase and no nap times to make it home for.) My life used to be like that too...but I didn't value the opportunities for quality time.

I think I'm might look back on this time with little ones, in a similar light. Look at all the opportunities for quality family time that we missed out on! And now they're grown! We'll all be going different directions.

We ran errands together as a family this morning. (I didn't consciously go with this mindset but all these thoughts occurred to me afterwards.) Maybe I just woke up on the right side of the bed, but I just had the BEST time with my family this morning.

You can turn something as mundane as running errands into opportunities for quality family time. We stopped by Starbucks and it didn't feel like a desperate-for-caffeine Starbucks run; it felt like a getting-treats-together Starbucks run.

We didn't do anything particularly special. We bought a stereo receiver and shopped for workout gear. It wasn't exciting or spectacular. But we were all in good moods and the kids were mostly well behaved and we were all just enjoying being together.

“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” 

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman