Skip to main content

One base outfit, two ways

I wore this outfit to church this morning: white long sleeve top and plum jeggings topped with my navy vest and gray fringe scarf. I kind of love how my pants match my hair, haha!

What I liked about this outfit: I love the top because it has lace detail. I love the jeggings because they're a pretty color and SO comfortable. I love the vest because it keeps me warm without being bulky. I love the scarf because it adds warmth and interest. I love the boots because they're a nice color and low heel.
What I didn't like about this outfit: the vest is too big.

Later, we went up to the Asheville Outlets and since I knew we'd be spending most of our time outside, I decided go with a warmer outfit. I changed out my vest and gray scarf for my cardi-coat and patterned scarf. Its really clicking with me how different textures help make an outfit interesting. For example, I wouldn't pair the knit scarf with the knit cardigan. I think it would look weird.

What I liked about this outfit: The cardigan keeps me warm and I love pairing it with that scarf. I'm obsessed with this scarf. Also, I think plum & olive are a nice fall color combo. 
What I didn't like about this outfit: Nothing!

Neither of these outfits were challenge outfits. I picked them out all by myself, which gives me a bit of confidence when it comes to putting together cute outfits.

By the way, I saw my boots at Rack Room Shoes today which is funny because these are NOT new. My sister gave them to me a year ago because she was clearing out her closet. (Link to shoes if anyone is interested.)

Also at the outlets, I was looking for a coat. I hate coats but I feel like I need one. I fell in love with an army green field jacket at J. Crew and a blush wool coat at Banana Republic. But I don't think either of those can be my this-is-it everyday goes-with-anything investment coat forever. Wanna know a secret? Mike said he'd buy me a Burberry trench if it was what I really and truly wanted. I do think a trench coat fits the bill of what I'm looking for. But its all about finding the right one.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman