Skip to main content

athleisure and capsule wardrobe thoughts


So, I wore this outfit the other night to a meeting. Well, meeting. That sounds fancy. It was a MOPS leadership team meeting. Still sounding fancy. 

It was a bunch of moms desperate for a break getting together at Panera to drink chai lattes and plan out a couple MOPS meetings. (MOPS stands for "mothers of preschoolers" for those of you who don't know. If you're a mom check out MOPS. They also have MOMS next which is for moms who have older kids.)

ANYWAY.

I also wore it this morning to drop the kids off at mothers' morning out. Because hallelujah, everyone is well enough to have someone else watch them again. 

I broke from the PMT challenge prompt because I was in need of easy and comfy and cozy. Also, the more I search Pinterest for outfit inspiration, the more I find myself drawn to athleisure-ish. 

I've been browsing more capsule wardrobes and I'm realizing that someone else's capsule wardrobe isn't made for me. I don't want to wear boyfriend jeans. I do want to wear mostly sneakers or flats.

BUT I also love ankle boots and plaid. So maybe a capsule wardrobe just isn't for me?


This is what most of my first pictures look like: staring at my phone because I forgot to do the timer setting. (My phone has an app that I can use to remotely operate my camera.)


What I like about this outfit: It feels very "me." I feel comfy but also the sweater is nice enough to make it look like I'm not going to the gym. I've realized I like a little ankle showing. I love my backpack. I love the color and shape of the sweatshirt. I love the leggings.

What I don't like about this outfit: The seams on the sweatshirt's kangaroo pocket are horribly wonky. It doesn't bother me too much but I don't spend a lot of time looking down. Seeing this photo really makes me want to get a new sweatshirt just like this buy better. I also don't love my sneakers because they're not totally black, but they'll do for now. 

Backpack: Michael Kors (TJ Maxx)
Sweatshirt: LOFT (ThredUp)
Leggings: Asics
Shoes: Skechers (TJ Maxx)

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman