Skip to main content

30 weeks!!!!

Oh my gosh, y'all. Getting close! Thirty weeks pregnant! Whaaa?
  • I'm still feeling fabulous and love being pregnant!
  • Except for heartburn. I've had heartburn a couple times and it SUCKED. I told Mike, "I am so sorry that you have to deal with this!" because he's had heartburn a lot. He's given me some tips and as long as I'm careful, it doesn't bother me.
  • Pubic bone soreness is a constant these days. Can't complain, though, because it means my body is doing its thing and getting ready for Charlemagne.
  • On the subject of sleep: Twice in the past two weeks, I've woken up seriously early (4am-ish) and not been able to go back to sleep. Other than that, sleep is still great. I use two pillows: one under my head and one between my knees. Those, coupled with my wonderful bed, keeps me perfectly comfortable. My bladder of steel helps me sleep through the night.
  • Feeling him move is still one of the greatest pleasures in life. Watching my belly move is still crazy-alien-baby-bizarre. Love it!
  • Cuddling with Mike, with his hand on my belly so he can feel when Charlemagne moves? It's just my favorite!
  • The other day, Mike told me that he gets excited when he sees other babies. Awwww. 
  • We've both started calling Charlemagne by his real name at home.
  • I'm measuring right on track and Charlemagne has a nice strong heartbeat.
  • Now that it's getting colder, I've had to start thinking about winter maternity clothes! I got the best cozy sweater from Target. It's not maternity, but it is a cardigan so it works perfectly.
  • Charlemagne is approximately 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs in at around 2.5 to 3.8lbs. 
  • He's strong enough to grasp a finger!
  • And holy cow, TEN WEEKS? (Really, anywhere between seven and twelve weeks.) It is CRAZY how close that is. He will be here so soon! Mike predicts he will be here just a tad early. I told him not to get his hopes up, but we shall see!
Charlemagne likes dinosaurs! The "cute-a-saurus" outfit set on the right was the first thing I ever bought for Charlemagne. I didn't even know if he was a boy or a girl, but I figured any girl of mine would like dinosaurs. :) Mary bought me the hat on that same shopping trip. The gowns and the fuzzie booties are from my mom. Last time we went to Target, she showed me the booties and I said, "Oh! He loves dinosaurs!" Mom was like, "Huh! How do you know?" Duh. I'm his mother. I know these things.

I couldn't help but get these two onsies for him as well. So adorable. <3

And just a few things from around the nursery. 1) Love the alphabet cards canvas! It's kind of the "centerpiece" of the nursery. 2) Fabric for the curtains that mom & I are going to make. Not shown: the blackout liner. Definitely having blackout curtains! 3) Blankets! The first one was a wedding gift from my Aunt Mary Ann and the second one was a baby gift from some friends in Bangladesh. 4) Lots of cloth diapers! Washed, stuffed, folded, and ready for baby poop.

Comments

  1. Loved the "duh, I'm his mom" line. Also really like the mad scientist onesie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia