Skip to main content

Review & Swatches: Julep DD Cream


I got the Julep DD cream in my June Julep Maven Box. In fact, the DD cream was the only reason I got the box! I'm a sucker for exciting new products, even when I'm not sure that I'll like them. I have worn this several times because I wanted to be sure to give a good review.

Julep DD cream is pretty darn similar to most other inexpensive American BB/CC creams. That is to say, underwhelming.
  • A little bit goes a long way.
  • It blends into the skin nicely.
  • The product claims to be buildable, but I saw no noticeable difference with added layers.
  • It did an okay job of evening out my skin tone.
  • I have a strong dislike for the dewy look, so I set with a light powder to make my finish more natural and less dewy.
  • I feel like it does smooth out the finest of lines.
  • It's got SPF 25 broad spectrum, so that's a major win for me.
  • By the end of the day, I basically had no product on my face. It had all melted away.
If you have good skin and just need a little something to even out your skin tone, this might be right for you. I've got scarring on my chin, redness around my nose, and a hint of tired eyes and the Julep DD cream did not help me any there. I know people love lightweight makeup in the summertime, but if you want something that will last all the live long horribly hot day, pick something else.

I will probably pick this up again when it's cooler outside and see if I like it better. But for now, it's stuck on the shelf.




Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia