Skip to main content

July Ipsy GlamBag: Beach Beauty

It's Ipsy day! Yay! It's always fun to see the hot pink padded envelope in the mailbox.

Ipsy went totally different with this month's bag. And I mean the actual bag, not the contents. The bag is a hot pink translucent vinyl tube. The theme of this month was "beach beauty" and it included tinted moisturizer and beach spray, which, I guess made it sufficiently beachy.

POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt (Approximate retail value: $4.17). Receive 20% off your purchase at popbeautycosmetics.com. Enter code: POPLUVISPY at checkout.

I like that this is a twist up crayon and not the kind you have to sharpen. I very much dislike sharpening crayons. I don't have this color in my small lip product stash, so this will be a good addition. This crayon is nice and creamy

I don't think you can buy just one crayon, but you can purchase a set of six from Ulta for $25.

BH CosmeticsCalifornia Collection Eyeshadow Sample (Approximate retail value: $1.50). Receive 10% off the California Collection at bhcosmetics.com/ipsy. Enter code: IPSY at checkout.

I thought I would like these much more than I actually did. The colors were pretty, but the only one that swatched well was Malibu. Hollywood and San Francisco were eh. And I really don't need more mediocre eyeshadow.

Benefit benetint (Approximate retail value: $6). Receive a free Hello Gorgeous Trio with any order of $35 or more at benefitcosmetics.com. Enter code: GLAMBAG at checkout.

I think I was most excited to see this in my bag. Everyone has heard of benetint, I've just never tried it before. I never wanted to spend $30 on a cheek and lip stain that I might hate. I've loved lipstains that I've used in the past and I'm hoping to love this one as well.

Sexy HairSoy Renewal Beach Spray Conditioning & Texturizing Spray (Approximate retail value $6.65). Receive $5 off $25 or more at ulta.com. Enter code: 108723 at checkout.

I'm hoping to like this product. I have the Not Your Mother's Beach Babe spray and I'm not thrilled with it. I don't really like the way it makes my hair feel. This seems like it might work better and I'm eager to find out.

COOLA Mineral Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tinted Moisturizer (Approximate retail value: $5). Receive 30% off any purchase at coolasuncare.com. Enter code: IPSY at checkout.

So, I love trying out new tinted moisturizers/bb/cc/dd creams. This is labeled on the packaging as a tinted moisturizer and on the website it says it's a cc cream. Whatever. They're all the same.

One huge disappointment was how empty my tube was. It took a lot of shaking just to get anything out of the tube! My guess is that I have enough for one, maybe two, applications. The product is, indeed, rose scented. To me, it smells like a floral tea that I've had before. I swatched this on my hand and on my husband's arm. He's much paler than I am, especially on his bicep. It blended well on both of us, so coverage is basically nonexistent.

Total approximate value of July Ipsy Glam Bag: $23.32
Total amount I paid for July Ipsy Glam Bag: $10
Total approximate value of items I'll actually use: $16.82

While this was probably the lowest value Ipsy Bag I have received thus far, it still has a few winners making the bag worth it for me.

If you'd like to subscribe to Ipsy, would you use my referral link? It's only $10 each month (shipping is included and it's a nice surprise to find out what you get month after month.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia