Skip to main content

NOTD: Candy Shop by Icing

I really really really want China Glaze's It's A Trap-eze, but I haven't been able to find it. I'm late to the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil game. :(

However, Candy Shop caught my eye while I was shopping the other day. It's not like It's A Trap-eze at all, but the reason I bought it is because it kind of sort of seemed similar. You know, it that very vague not really similar kind of way?

Candy Shop is really pretty. Pink with glitter? YAY. It applies nice and smooth and is sheer but definitely build-able. I used three coats for this look. 

I know its hard to tell in these photos, but I painted most of my nails with Candy Shop over a white polish with the exception of my ring finger which was just Candy Shop alone. Unfortunately for this review, the difference is much more dramatic than the photos convey.

The nail polish appears a lot more hot pink when layered over white. It's like... hi-lighter pink with sparkles. When applied alone its still hot pink...but sheer-ish.

I definitely prefer the polish alone. Layered atop the white polish, it's just too bright for me. At least my current mood...maybe I'll change my mind?

As for the glitter? LOVE. After you have three coats, there are lots of small hex pieces as well as little sprinkles.

There is also a nail polish by Claire's that is called Candy Shop. Based on the pictures I've seen, the Claire's nail polish is a bit more cotton candy pink as opposed to Icing's more hot pink.

Link to your NOTDs in the comments! I want to see...and get inspired! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia