Skip to main content

By the time I was on my way home last night, the dancing I had done earlier that evening felt like it hat been days ago.

For the third year in a row, I celebrated 4th of July at Camp Old Indian. I dressed in full class A (and complemented my outfit with a pretty red-and-white headband. Boy Scout chic!) so I could stand in line at assembly for old times sake. Then, I joined Caleb for dinner in the dining hall. As always, it was chicken tenders for family night dinner. Oh, but there was a surprise! Key lime pie! Oh and I was soooo yummy!

"We haven't gotten sherbet all year!"
"What? You lie!"
"They don't server sherbet with lasagna this year."
"Liars, all of you!"
"No, it's true!"
"Wait...what are you complaining about! You get key lime, freaking, pie!"

I was contemplating not dancing. I didn't think I had dance in me. I was convinced otherwise by a few lovely friends. Anne Marie insisted that we have to dance together...and she's right! We do! So I did. I danced horribly, but VA thought I did good. And hey, really, in fancy dance anything goes, right? (Well not anything!)

One of my old staff members was there (Matt a.k.a. Screech) and I picked him for the friendship dance. He wore my shawl and I wore his fedora! It was hilarious. :-) After dancing, we dancers convinced Marshall to high-tail it to the meadow so we could powwow some more. So we got to dance three or four more songs in the soft meadow grass. I really needed the practice too. ("Marshall, I suck. I really need you to play one more song! Please???")

Sometimes, I get too excited (or the drum plays a superfast song!) and I can't quite get the beat.

I cleaned up, threw on some jeans, and went with Anne Marie to go jack a Coke--not as fun as our favorite game (it starts with "jack" and ends with "snack"!!!) but good enough. We sat out on the porch in the new white rocking chairs and talked about guys and relationships. And then Matthew came along and we talked about cover letters and work and many other things.

I stayed until nearly midnight just hanging out and talking with everyone. I learned more about bugs from Tim than I thought was possible in one evening. I needed to look at butterflies to get ideas for regalia. The ones I like the best always end up being moths! (i.e. Maple Rosy Moth!)

For fear of someone else offering to do so, I got Caleb to walk me to my car again tonight. Caleb is the best because he's willing to listen to me as I pour out my heart and he gives really good advice back.

It was a good evening to be back up at camp with all my "family."

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. I would have thought they would have served apple pie on Independence day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I'm a faithful reader of your blog, Tiffany. The whole change came as an unhappy surprise. I had just prayed for both of you the very day that I read it. I'm still praying for God's will in your lives...and that whatever the future holds for you both, that God will bless you the two of you with His love, joy and peace. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that I'm a faithful reader of your blog, Tiffany. The whole chnage came as an unhappy surprise. I had just prayed for both of you the very day that I read it. I'm still praying for God's will in your lives...and that whatever the future holds for you both, that God will bless the two of you with His love, joy and peace. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, is that what happened? Yeah, I thought you two would be happily ever after and all that except for three vital clues.

    1) He said that it would be like getting a whole new girlfriend when you got your braces off. He should know that the Tiffster is equally beautiful with or without braces. It's like comparing a gasoline bomb with a giant blowtorch, both are way freaking hot and I'm not going to stick my hand around either one to find out which one's hotter.

    2)It seemed like he told you what to do a lot of the time. I don't think Heusers like to be lead around by the nose too much.

    3) He didn't, like, mary you and knock you up already. All women are obsessed with that, but a girl who takes care of other people's kids for a living is going to have that maternal instinct on superoverdrive.

    And that's all I have to say about that :) I still wouldn't bet against a reunion tour for this relationship though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen: Thank you for your thoughtful words and prayers. It really means a lot to me. :-)

    anon (dan?): Soooo eloquent! But, "maternal instinct on superoverdrive" indeed. and now there's a new baby in the house! :-) I'm not going to hold my breath for a reunion tour. I would hate to get my hopes up for something that didn't happen, you know? So, I'm just focusing on life as it comes at me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a good evening! :)
    But what does, 'go jack a coke, mean'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to remember if the chicken tenders were any good. At 12...I think pretty much everything they dished up was tasty. Do they still do those little square "pizza" thingies that were always a hit in my middle school days?

    ReplyDelete
  8. angusss:
    "jack" as in "steal"
    we used to play "jack-a-snack" when i ran the store (it was okay, i had a tab)
    but i no longer run the store, i no longer have a tab...so we play "jack-a-coke" because no one is going to miss an few ounces of syrup.

    andrew: yeah...pizza is either on tuesday afternoons and is served with corn and jello (usually of the orange variety) if memory serves me correctly. square pizza day pretty much rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I'm all poetical and stuff. So, how did this all happen anyways? Who dumped who?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman