Skip to main content

January 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

Yay! I got my first Ipsy Glam Bag today and it is full of fabulous goodies! What is Ipsy? Well, it is a beauty subscription service. It costs $10 a month or $110 for the year (getting you one month free).

I was hesitant to subscribe, but I finally decided to go for it. Then, I toyed around with regretting my decision. I didn't want a bag full of foil packets, perfume samples, and other little things that you can often find for free. 

But Ipsy isn't like that. Each month you get "a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products."

This month's bag is fabulous and I'm pretty happy that I subscribed!

The January 2013 bag is the Super Stars bag.

To go with the "star" theme, the bag has a starry pattern inside. It the type of fabric that you'll be able to wipe clean when it gets dirty. So, it's pretty and practical!

Available at Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens or www.sohobeauty.com for $7.99.
The first thing I got was this Concealer Brush from London SOHO New York. I'd seen these brushes around but never purchased one. I like the design; its sleek and has ergonomic grooves. It has synthetic taklon bristles which are very soft. There are few brushes from this brand on clearance at my local Walgreens, so now is a good time to pick one up!

Available at Whole Foods, Ulta or www.pacificaperfume.com for $15 for 8 fl oz/236 ml.
This smells AMAZING. Seriously, incredible scent to this body butter! I just cannot stop smelling my hands! It also feels great and is very moisturizing without being greasy. This body butter is also 100% vegan with no animal ingredients. Pacifica doesn't test on animals. Its free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, peanut oil, and artificial color. Read some reviews here.

Available at Sephora or www.josiemarancosmetics.com for $48 for 1.7 fl oz/50 ml.
Okay, this is a pretty impressive product. It's the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil organic moisturizer.  You can use it as a daily moisturizer on your face, hair treatment, body moisturizer, nail treatment, or bath oil. A little bit of this oil goes a long way. I just touched the dropper to my fingers (didn't squeeze the dropper) and that was enough to moisturize my hands. Natural ingredients, organic ingredients, vegan, papraben free, cruelty free, fragrance free, toxin free, petrochemical free, and recyclable. Read some reviews here.

Available at www.tinibeauty.com for $13 for 0.5 fl oz/15 ml.
My next product was a full sized nail polish in Frappe from Nailinti which is a sheer pale pink. I was less excited about this product because I just got a sheer pale pink polish from Julep and the two are very similar. Which also means that I really like this polish!

Available from Ulta or salons at $17.50 for 10.6 fl oz/313.5 ml.
Bad picture, sorry. I missed the product name, oops! This is a 1.5oz deluxe sample of Spray & Play, a Volumizing Hairspray. It gets really pretty good reviews, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. I'm pretty bad at teasing my hair to get that volume, so this should help me out. Oh, and you can often find Sexy Hair products at TJ Maxx or on sale at Ulta! Read some reviews here.

London SOHO New York Concealer Brush: $7.99
Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter (2.5 fl oz/75 ml): $4.69
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil organic moisturizer (.17 fl oz/5ml): $4.80
Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Frappe (.5 fl oz/15 ml): $13
Spray & Play volumizing hairspray (1.5 oz/50ml): $2.48

Total value of contents of January 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag*: $32.96
*not including Glam bag or exclusive discounts.

I'm pretty excited about this bag. All the items are great and nothing is meh. Except for maybe the Nailtini polish, but that's only because I just got a good sheer polish that I love. :) I'm looking forward to trying to products more thoroughly!

Get your own subscription by visiting www.ipsy.com!

Do you have any monthly or quarterly beauty subscriptions? Post a link to your unboxing videos or reviews in the comments!

Comments

  1. I seriously need to sign up! Such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so do! I was very pleased with this bag and can't wait until February's! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia