Skip to main content

the home of love

There are so many things I could say about Bangladesh. The driving is insane. I don't know how many times I have narrowly avoided a head-on collision! The poverty is intense. It's everywhere and it is so sad. We were out of the airport less than five minutes when a child was knocking on the window of our taxi begging. The food is spicy. The weather is hot. The people are wonderful.

Us with Thomas & Colleen Kühn at the Home of Love
And about the wonderful people of Bangladesh, I got to meet some amazing folks,at a place I've been wanting to visit for several years. On the 21st, Mike and I headed down to Chittagong, Bangladesh where the Home of Love Orphanage is located. HOL is probably my favorite place in the wold now. I think "orphanage" and I imagine a sad and depressing place, but at the kids at HOL are beautiful and loving and happy.

Me and some of the kids at the orphanage
We pulled up to the orphanage around 7 at night and the truck was immediately surrounded by kids. It was a little overwhelming, in a good way. A couple little girls, Hashi and Modium, grabbed onto my arm immediately and hugged me. These kids love their visitors. I also finally got to meet the Kühns who live at and run the orphanage. I'd seen so many of these faces in videos and photographs and it was great to finally be at the Home of Love.

Mike and a few kids at the birthday party
See the little girl sitting on Mike's lap? Her name, I never learned how to spell, but it sounds like joo-ee. Like Julie without the "l". Every time I took anyone's picture, they would want to see. This little girl would see her picture and start jumping and squealing. I wanted to take her home with us! Actually, I fell in love with just about every single child I met. 

I took some amazing pictures of the children while at the orphanage and once I get home, I'll be able to upload them all...so you can fall in love too. ;)

Comments

  1. The pictures of your and mike with the kids are really great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you two are having a great time already.. Can't wait to see more pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia