Skip to main content

stilettos

So, last night, while watching the Bachelor--yes, I watch the Bachelor...it's like a train wreck in cocktail dresses--I realized that all the girls wear stilettos. Yes, duh, of course all the girls wear stilettos. But they appear to walk so easily in them! Those gals wear stilettos all the time and their shoes are just gorgeous!


Ugh. Every time I wear my stilettos, I feel like I'm going to trip!


To be honest, I've worn stilettos very few times. I wore my white pair once. I feel like they make me look like a hispanic prostitute. I wore them to a lingerie shower I hosted and took them off after five, maybe ten, minutes.


I've wore my black pair more because they are classier. Also, my husband is 13 inches taller than I am. I like being closer to him and the stilettos help.


I decided that, in order to be able to WALK in these shoes, I just had to wear them more often! Maybe I'll get used to them and not feel like I'm always about to fall over.


Today, I decided to wear my stilettos. Not all day. No, the idea didn't occur to me until I was about to take my sister-in-law to the airport. Afterwards, I planned on stopping by the grocery store and heading home. Perfect.


So, on they went. I thought that maybe they would make me feel sexy or glamourous or something...


I walked fine with them in the grocery store. I think I would have done better with a cart (or better yet, with lower heels!) but I did fine.


I didn't feel sexy or glamourous. I just felt weird and self-conscious. I mean, who wears heels to the grocery store? On Sunday, my husband and I went in sweats!


End result: I'm not on a TV show. I'll take my ballet flats, thank you very much!

Comments

  1. Love, love, love the third pic, but the second made me laugh. :-) I, too, have practiced walking in the grocery store. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean I can have your stilettos? I can totally rock them. I do, daily (almost) at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can TOTALLY relate to this post!! Oh man! Member us at the B&W party the other night?! I thought I might die. Haha! Absolutely the pictures, friend..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman