Skip to main content

there was no shotgun

We were engaged for a grand total of five weeks. (Less a few hours if you're really nit picky.) Some people, upon finding out I was getting, or, if afterwards, had gotten, married so quickly, asked if I was pregnant.


No. Most definitely not pregnant. Though, Mike did like to joke that I was. This joke, by the way, was NOT FUNNY. This joke accompanies other jokes Mike enjoys that are actually not funny, examples of which include farting in enclosed elevators and scaring Tiffany while she is taking a peaceful shower.


Jokes aside, why did we get married so quickly? It all started the day after we got engaged when Mike asked if we could...maybe...see about planning this thing quickly? Like in six weeks? Other that the three-or-four-months that we were thinking about?


Is he CRAZY? Was my first thought. No, wait, that was my second thought. My first thought was Awwwww, he can't wait to marry me!!! *insert goofy smile here* I said that sure, we could try. And then, while meeting with the pastor later that day, we were told to decide on a date. It can be in six weeks or in sixty weeks, but just pick one.


So, we picked five weeks. Any later and it would be in the middle of the semester. I still ended up missing the first day of classes because we were on honeymoon.


Those are the logistics. But, really, we could have put it off until Christmas break or something. But, seriously, why wait?


I'm quoting When Harry Met Sally, specifically Harry, when I say "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."


I'm so glad we got married quickly. Even if we didn't have to because of my school, I wouldn't have changed anything. I love that I didn't spend ages planning a wedding. I didn't have time to overanalyze. God really helped organize everything and bring it together.

Comments

  1. Has it yet occurred to you how similar are you husband and father? muahahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My original comment was going to be "Yay!"

    But I read Leo's comment and guffawed. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman