Skip to main content

insta-dry

After reading Allure's beauty breakthrough, I went out and bought Sally Hansen Insta-Dry nail polish.


My opinion? It's okay. It wasn't very breakthrough for me. Be careful with the application because the polish dries very quickly and if you try to put another coat on top of the almost dry polish, it gets goopy and yucky. The brush also takes some getting used to because it is so different. Necessary, I think, for sufficient application within the drying time. I love how fast it dries.


As for lasting power, well, I'm pretty rough on my nails. It lasted fair through all of that, but my N.Y.C. Long-Wearing Nail Enamel (purple pizzaz!) is lasting much better with a Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps acrylic top coat. And by "much better" I mean almost TWO WEEKS!


I tried the Insta-Dry with the Hard as Wraps acrylic top coat and TWO DAYS later its already chipping. I'm very disappointed. I had high hopes for this nail polish because it was an allure "beauty breakthrough" with high marks. I love how fast it dries but what's the point if two days later I need to redo it?


N.Y.C. long wearing nail enamel is about $1.00 and Sally Hansen Insta-Dry nail polish is about $5.00.

Comments

  1. not all top coats work with all polishes. Big-3 Free polishes chip terribly with non-3 free tops/bases and vice versa. I don't know if that's the problem, and I haven't done any research on Insta-dry, but there you have it. Does insta-dry say anything on the bottle about using tops/bases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. But maybe I'll get a bottle of the top coat to give it a try. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman