Skip to main content

Proposal

I knew it was coming. I mean, I didn’t know it was coming *today* or anything...but I knew that it would be here soon. We even went ring shopping a few weeks ago. The trip was thoroughly unsuccessful, though, because it is impossible to get something “uniquely from him” FROM THE MALL. 

In order to get that unique ring, he had been designing one, but it was slow going.
However, when we planned on going hiking, nothing seemed amiss. After all, I was the one who first mentioned wanting to hiking a few weeks ago. We were headed there and he was unsure as to whether the hike would be successful from the get-go. He hadn’t been out there in nearly a decade and wasn’t even sure if he would be able to find the trail.

But, yay, we found the trail. It was off behind an old baptist church and by the way he spoke of it, no one used it much. “Great. We’re going to get eaten by a bear,” said the gal who only ever had done hiking by the book. There were definitely no blazes on this trail. Luckily it didn’t seem to be wholly unused and the trail was fairly easy to follow. The hike was a whopping five minutes--maybe ten--to the top of the little waterfall and a few more to the bottom.

We slipped off our shoes for a bit. We hopped from rock to rock, waded around, and splashed each other before attending the call of the stomaches.

After making our way back up to the top of the falls, we found a perfect spot to set down our blanket and have lunch. As I munched, I looked around and thought that this place would have been such a nice place to get engaged. But I didn’t say anything about that! I was so convinced that the ring was still at least a month away that I was clueless as to what was really going on.

After we were full we lay in the sunlight listening to the waterfall. We chatted some and we napped some. I couldn’t tell you how much time had passed but eventually we started getting ready to go. I slipped my shoes back on and turned around to pick things up and there he was kneeling before me!

“Before we go, I have something to ask you.” He said, reaching into his pocket.

I froze in disbelief as he opened a black velvet box and oh-my-gosh-that-is-an-sparkly-engagement-ring-in-there. I could barely focus on the ring. Was this really happening???

“Will you marry me?” He grinned this goofy grin that I just love.

I started giggling.
And then crying.
And then giggling.
And then I threw my arms around him.
“Yes!”

He laughed. “Really?”
“Oh, no."
I said, through my laughter and tears, "Maybe I should think about it overnight.”

And then we laughed even harder because that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Comments

  1. Did I mention, YAY!? Cuz that's what I really want to say.


    YAY!!!

    Now, see, I'm laughing and tearing up at the same time. AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!

    There's something wrong with me.

    But

    YAY!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cute! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! Tiffany you're engaged.That's awesome :D I'm so happy for you. The way he proposed is really cute.I hope nothing but the best for you two.

    -cristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia