Skip to main content

This is what happens when I look at something and try to make it logical. NOT GOOD.

Let us examine this adorable little adventurous gal, Dora the Explorer. Are her parents concerned for her? I would be if she were my kid. Her best friend is a red boot wearing purple monkey whose name is, appropriately, Boots. Monkeys can carry diseases, kid. But, I guess, having her own television show and all she can afford to have an immunized monkey. One that talk to boot. Get it--to boot? Because the monkey's name is Boots? Ha-ha.

Dora has regular run-ins with a fox in a mask à la Zoro. The fox, like the monkey, is also appropriately named. He is a kleptomaniac. You know--he's got sticky fingers, he likes to swipe things. Which brings me to his name: Swiper. Why is the deal with the swiping Swiper stalking the monkey toting tot? I don't know.

In today's episode, Dora was chased by alligators. Two alligators. That could jump. Seriously? Her parents only wanted her to go to a soccer game and all of a sudden she's running from two alligators that really ought to consider signing up for the circus. She and Boots also find themselves running from a huge boulder straight out of an Indiana Jones movie.

I'm not even going to get into her talking backpack or the fleas in the mini-blimp. It's just all too much. Someone needs to call her Mami and Papi.

♥, Tiffany Anne

Comments

  1. There's a comedian (I forget who) that wonders if the creators of Dora the Explorer thought that title rhymed. Then he suggests maybe if you were a Kennedy it would. "Dora the Explora"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And where ARE the parents in all this? For all intents and purposes Dora is being raised by a monkey. This is bad parenting to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I stopped by today! You made me laugh. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman