Skip to main content

socks

A couple of months ago, Jeff was writing out my paycheck when Lauren asked me why I needed the money. "To buy socks," I told her. That was the truth, too; I needed new socks. So the wee one up and decides that *she* wants to pay me. I insisted that I did not want to take any of her money but she really really wanted to give me some money. "So you can buy your socks!" She said with a grin.

So, I relent. I take a dingy copper penny from her and pocket it. I promise her if it turns out that I buy socks and don't need her penny, that I'll give her the $.01 back. Which I do the following week.

Today, I'm helping Alex count the money in his piggy bank. It turns out to be $16.85.

"You can borrow some if you want."
"Borrow your money? For what?"
"To buy your socks!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman