Skip to main content

Matters of the Heart

So, in my Sunday School class, we're going through a book that I've already read a few times: "Doing Things Right in Matters of the Heart." Because of various overlapping events (a 5-year-old's birthday party, ATLX5) this was my first time since the class started. When the class started, Alan had papers with questions passed around. As I got mine, I looked down and read through all the questions. I stopped at the fourth question, "Describe for me, in your own words, the woman you would like to marry (physically, mentally, and spiritually)."

Stop. Read again. So, then, after swapping my paper with a nearby guy, I started over.

My eyes scanned the questions again and came to a screeching halt at that last question. Not because it was the last, no, but because of what it asked. "Give me several reasons why a man should marry you."

Ha! Several reasons why a man SHOULD marry me? Well, I know for a fact that there are one or two men out there who have reasons why a man SHOULD NOT marry me. It isn't exactly an easy question to answer. I left it blank but the question is still nagging me. Why should a man want to marry me?

What was I suppose to say? Because I can cook? I know the answer should probably be something along the lines of: because I would be a loving and submissive wife. (Stargirl, try not to gag.) And, honestly, I think I would be! But it just didn't seem like the right thing to put down.

I think that maybe there is a good reason why I didn't have any answers for that question. Not yet, at least.

Comments

  1. Ha, because you can cook sounds like a good reason to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaagghghhhhh blearg

    just kidding

    kinda

    I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, interesting question. I wonder what I would say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman