Skip to main content

Came out of left field

"So...I have some news that is going to knock your socks off!"

"Oh yeah?" ::sounds excited::

"Yes! It's really big." ::if this is in person, then the other 1/2 of the conversation glances down at my leftie to check for any new bling-bling:: "Are you ready?"

"Okay! My socks are on. I'm ready!" ::if this is via telephone, the other 1/2 of the conversation sounds increasingly excited::

"Calvin broke up with me."

"WHAT???!!!"

I like the news to come out of left field for the other person too. It makes me know that I have company with whom to be shocked with. Me? I'm doing better than can be expected. Certainly better than I deserve. God is good.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)

Comments

  1. My socks are now missing, so I hope you can feel my company with you.

    Totally changing the subject: I really like the look of the new blog. Except my favorite part of the preview (on OverAnalyzed) seems to be missing from the real thing. The pretty header design isn't showing up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a different computer than the one I used to upload the design...and it works fine on here. I wonder if anyone else has had the problem your having?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think God wants you to move to Wisconsin and marry me! Also, your blog loads fine on my computer (Internet Explorer Version 7)
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about that new header, I certianly see the word duh in there.
    -d

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman