Skip to main content

Well sooner of later this cold /it's gonna break /so our hands will be warm again, /but all I want is not to need you now.

Target had a few CD's on sale for only $7.98 yesterday. So I decided, what the heck, I'll get 'em.

Plain White T's :: Every Second Counts
Boys Like Girls :: Boys Like Girls
The Almost :: Southern Weather

The first two sound like very typical modern punk music. The third rocks out a bit harder. I say "modern" punk because, obviously, punk isn't what it used to be. It's gone a bit trendy and soft. But the music is fun and in a few days, I'll know the lyrics well enough to sing the songs at the top of my lungs.

Because of the song "Hey There Delilah," I was really hoping that the Plain White T's would do for me what Dashboard Confessional did for me back in...oh, what was it...2004? Jason and Patrick introduced me to Dashboard Confessional, and yeah, their music kept me going that year.

Leaving the church when the guy I considered my best friend (and fancied myself in love with) was rude to me just because he was a natural-born jerk; zooming on HWY 11 with "the gang" realizing what it was like to really have friends; taking 276 until Brevard just because I didn't feel like going home; sleepily making my way back a job in Blythewood that I hated but with children I loved.....I remember on more than one occasion driving with the windows rolled down letting in the cool summer air and listening to Dashboard turned up very loud. Indeed my dashboard was my confessional. Lately, it's been my pillow. Well, that's less of a confessional and more like my whipping-boy (whipping-pillow?).

Well, the Plain White T's will not be my life changing CD of 2007. The rest of the CD is fun punk-rocky kind of music. I'm thinking of getting a Jenny Lewis CD...her one song (Paradise) leads me to believe that she may be my Dashboard of 2007. Just to be on the safe side...I think I'll download more Dashboard songs that I may not have.

♥, Tiffany Anne

Comments

  1. That's what we call pop punk (MxPx, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, The Mr. T Experience, Saves the Day, etc.). I've not really heard much of the bands you named so I'm guessing I'm a little bit out of date (given that my interest in pop punk peaked in about 2001, just before the wave hit MTV).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had only ever heard of Plain White T's because of their single "Hey There Delilah" that's on the radio. ::Swoon:: What a good song! Other than that, I had never heard of any of the other bands. I just bought the CDs because they were cheap and retail therapy really works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the plain white tees played in Milwaukee last week. It's funny, because the djs for the hosting station were making fun of how polite and wimpy they are, and how it matches their music. After listening to that, I wouldn't have expected their cd to rock out hard core. I don't think I've even heard of those other two bands, or Jenny Lewis. So, summer is almost over now, no more air conditioning in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've changed my template :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of the Plain White Tees CD - but hey! At least it was only $7.98!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Milwaukee Girl, don't you worry about the blisser-be, in two years you'll be done with your advterising job, and I'll be making histor-ee. Bum-da Bum-da bum. OOooooh........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman