Skip to main content

Paradise

You know how sometimes you hear a song and you love it but you're not that sure what the words in the song actually are? This song, Paradise by Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, sounds much more beautiful that these lyrics! But I felt like posting them anyways. (This is only the last stanza.) Her voice, in the song, it just sounds so....true. I need to get the whole CD. Plus, I love to sing along with it in the car. :-)

Of all the men I've known
Who have money
I like you the most
Because every dollar you invent
You're even more hell-bent
On risking life and limb for another toast
When we were falling into puddles
I knew you had it in for me
Scraped my face on the ground
Until blood was down me
From my nose to the hem of my jeans
And my heart, it is still bleeding
But it's fight or flight
The exit from loneliness
Could be the entrance into paradise
Into paradise

♥, Tiffany Anne

Comments

  1. So what's going on here? This guy got the girl all bloodied up splashing through puddles and you think it sounds hot? :) Freaky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft, when did I say hot? Her voice is good. I hear it's the same girl that sings for Rilo Kiley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you said hot :) My fault, I guess I wasn't reading for clarity and understanding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman