Skip to main content

The Bachelor: An Officer & A Gentleman

That's what on TV right now only because it was what came on after "Dancing With The Stars" which was only on because it came on after "Jeopardy!" Every time I see a commercial for this TV show, I get a little bit more sick. I cannot imagine dating a man alongside eleven other women. Apparently, today, the bachelor is going to be proposing to one of the two girls, Bevin or Tessa. I keep seeing clips of two girls saying, "I love you," to the same guy.

How can you be convinced that the man you are going to spend the rest of your life with picked you only because he weeded out twelve other girls in the competition?

I don't know, it just seems all a little strange to me.

I know why these shows work though. Because we love taking a peek into other's lives and we love romance and we love competition.

The saddest thing to me is that both girls are convinced that they will be one proposed to--that they are the "winner." Expectations have been placed quite high and someone is going to crash.

That's not what I call entertainment.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia