Skip to main content

About my music choices...

So the first thing that GreenvilleScene's editor, Michelle, asked me to do was to make a list of my top ten favorite bands. This is a difficult thing to do and upon surveying my list, I realized that I am extremely uncool and I was trying to become a writer for a cool magazine. Well if you ever go to their About section, you'll see my top ten favorite bands/musicians. Here's just a small explanation for each.

Jacob Johnson
-- An amazing local acoustic guitarist, he's about twenty and incredibly talented. I cannot emphasize that enough! He was in a band, Alternative Solution, and I had the opportunity to go to their last show. They were awesome.

Niel Brooks
-- He's amazingly talented. I first saw him, like Jacob, at the Acoustic Seen's Open Mic Night at Coffee Underground and instantly fell in love with his music. Bob Dylan-ish.

The Slack Republic
-- Modern dance party hosted a "Punk Rock Prom" last May and this band there. The were the openers for the openers, but I think they were the best that night. They sound a lot like No Doubt.

Boulevard
-- There was once an indie-rock dance party (Modern) every 1st and 3rd Friday in Downtown and I met these guys there. I don't know if they are still around because I think Benji (the lead singer) left to go to New York.

Death Cab For Cutie
-- I love Death Cab for Cutie! I got to go to their concert in Clemson not too long ago and they were great.

The Postal Service
-- Since Death Cab and Postal Service go kind of hand in hand, I wasn't sure whether to put both on this list, but Postal Service definitely has a different sound that I also love.

Dashboard Confessional
-- They started my love with all things acoustic.

Chris Tomlin
-- Simply put, the most awesome praise & worship ever.

Britney Spears
-- I love pop music, its my vice. I'm a closet Britney Spears lover (as well as Ashley Simpson, Hilary Duff, etc).

Billy Joel
-- His music is super. There is no other way to put it.


Other music I like include: Jon Auer, Relient K, Norah Jones, and the occasional country song.

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. I'll do you one better, I like a mixed bag of obscure European power metal, roots reggae I can barely understand, has-been punk-rock, and whatever kind of electronic music I can listen to for free online (majoring on the Trance and Eurodance subsections, with a little Ambient type stuff before going to bed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. andrew also likes the scorpions, whitesnake and a little twisted sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, but mike likes this awful Steelheart song:

    Angel eyes, my heart relies on the love you give to me
    You never let me down, you're always by my side
    And I'll never, never let you go, I will never let you go!


    Sure, the lyrics are sweet, but have you actually heard it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia