Skip to main content

Week one of trying (ish) the curly girl method

Day one routine: I washed with Suave Essentials Daily Clarifying shampoo to clear out any buildup, silicones, etc. Then, I put globs of Suave Essentials Juicy Apple Conditioner all over my head. I focused on rinsing my scalp and there was just a tiny bit of conditioner left in the rest of my hair. Then, I flipped over and scrunched a bit with a microfiber cloth so it wasn't sopping. I then proceeded to scrunch in globs of Tressemme Bouncy Curls gel. I plopped in my turbie twist (no hair in the actual twist) for a while. Then air dried for a while. Then diffused a bit with a kitchen strainer. Yes, a kitchen strainer because I don't yet have a diffuser. Its a tip I learned from a coworker when I worked the phones at BringFido.com and its a good trick!

Thoughts: I was blown away! I didn't know it could look so curly!! I kept looking in reflective surfaces all day!

Day two routine: I brushed my hair. I know it's a no-no, but I have to brush out my hair before bed. I slept with it in a bun. I used a spray bottle with water and saturated my hair. And then. I scrunched in some product. Oh man. I don't remember. It was probably gel. Probably a little conditioner and a little gel.

Thoughts: Not bad for second day hair, especially considering I brushed it!

Day three routine: I went to the gym, so definitely had do give my hair a good wash when I got home. I washed with SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo. Then I added globs of Suave Essentials Juicy Apple Conditioner. I scrunched some conditioner into sopping wet hair after rinsing out my hair. Then scrunched in the gel and diffused. The first photo is when my hair was mostly dried. So gelly! The second photo is after I scrunched it again to remove the gel cast.

Thoughts: Loving this hair man. Some parts are a hot mess and not as curly as I'd like, but overall, I'm a fan.

Day four routine: brunched my hair and put it in a bun. Didn't feel like messing with curly hair today.

Thoughts: days like today make me miss my blow-dried hair which looks effortlessly beautiful on day two!

Day five routine: saturated my hair with the spray bottle (second photo is after brushing but before spraying.) Added Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Mousse. I plopped it. I diffused it. Then I decided I wanted my hair out of my way and put it in a bun.

Day six routine: I washed with SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo and used Suave Essentials Juicy Apple Conditioner. I scrunched it with a microfiber cloth only once or twice, then I added in a lot of Kristin Ess Hydrating Curl Defining Creme. I diffused.

Thoughts: The Kristin Ess product isn't a CG approved item, but I already owned it and wanted to try it. It weighed my hair down and I wasn't wowed. However, it gets rave reviews online, so I want to try it again. Maybe I used too much?

Day 7 routine: I washed with Suave Essentials Daily Clarifying since the Kristin Ess product has silicones in it. Then, I put globs of Suave Essentials Juicy Apple Conditioner all over my head. I rinsed it all out and then scrunched once or twice with a microfiber cloth to get out a little water. Then, I used Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Mousse. I used a generous portions and scrunched it all it. I plopped in my turbie twist for a little while. I diffused a tiny bit. But I was running out of time to get to church, so I mostly air dried.

Thoughts: a lot of the hair is straighter than I would like. (This photo was taken around 3-4 in the afternoon). But I still think it looks okay! Not as nice as the first couple of days though. I don't think the mousse has enough hold for me, maybe?

Final thoughts:
I know. My routines each day have been different and all over the place. I keep wanting to try something new! I kind of want to buy more product, but I'm going to try what I have for a little bit longer. I did brush my hair every night before going to bed, but I really hate having knots in my hair! I've decided to keep trying to curly girl method (or my version of it!) for the rest of November. One thing I think I really want is a new haircut with more layers. I think that would help my curls!

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman