Skip to main content

curly girl method week two: routines & thoughts

Day nine routine: I cowashed with Suave Essentials Conditioner in Juicy Apple and used Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls Gel afterwards. Then I plopped. I think I totally air dried. I didn't use any leave-in conditioner. After it dried, I scrunched out the crunch. (Ignore my pimple bandaids!)

Thoughts: Its good. Not quite there. But still good!

Okay. Soooo I trimmed my hair last night. I did that ponytail on your forehead method. Look it up on YouTube. I only trimmed, like, half and in and thankfully didn't ruin my hair.  I slept in a braid that night and brushed out my hair in the morning. Fight me. Just don't take my brush. 

Day nine routine: I actually wanted to rock the big fluffy hair today! But I went on a run and needed a shower afterwards. Co-wash with Suave Essentials Conditioner in Juicy Apple. Squeezed out some water. Raked the same conditioner through my hair as a leave in. Coated it in Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls Gel using the praying hands method. Then I scrunched to encourage shape. Then I plopped. Then I diffused. I parted my hair in the middle (except the bangs!) in hopes of making the layers lie more evenly. I clipped some of my roots to encourage volume.

Thoughts: I FEEL LIKE A CURLY HAIR GODDESS.

Day 10 routine: same as yesterday. Used Suave Essentials Conditioner in Juicy Apple for my cowash and leave-in conditioner. Coated my hair in Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls Gel. One MAJOR difference. I didn't dry with a diffuser. After taking my hair out of the plop, I air-dried. My hair has so much less body and the ends are much straighter.

Thoughts: Well, to sum it up, I ordered the xtava black orchid diffuser today. If you recall, I've been "diffusing" with a kitchen strainer until now.

Day 11: I did my hair but it promptly ended up in a bun. Here is a selfie from me trying on stupid expensive but also stupid cute sports bras in the Lululemon fitting room. Anyone else get really flustered when shopping in a high end store? No? Just me? I'm much more comfortable in Target.

Day 12: no photo. I slept all day because I was hella sick.
Day 13: no photo. I actually got up and showered, but I didn't take a photo.

Day 14 routine: cowashed with Suave Essentials Conditioner in Juicy Apple and then used my first hair mask since that time I was 13 and used a mayonnaise mask in my hair! I bought the Hask Keratin Protein mask. I clipped up my hair while I took care of the rest of my body, then I rinsed out the mask. My hair felt like it needed conditioner, so I applied some Suave Essentials Conditioner in Sun-Ripened Strawberry (I had just used up my last of the Juicy Apple). After I rinsed everything thoroughly, I applied some conditioner as a leave in using the rake & shake method. Then I applied some Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls Gel using the praying hands method. I scrunched and plopped for about 30 minutes. Then I diffused using the Xtava Pro Hair Dryer & Xtava Black Orchid diffuser.

Thoughts: I loved the way my hair looked today! Its not quite as good as Tuesday, but it had good curl pattern and the curls felt soft. Not really any negative thoughts.

Final thoughts: I used curlsbot.com for checking ingredients for the first time yesterday. Turns out neither the mask nor the gel is CG approved even though isitcg.com said they were! The mask has silicones and the gel had drying alcohols. I'm a little annoyed, but both were pretty cheap, so its not too bad. But I'm going to have to find a new gel and a new protein treatment. I'm getting the hang of this method and I like using super cheap drugstore products.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman