Skip to main content

Review: Boscia's Be Brilliant Kit

This kit was one of my black Friday purchases. Actually, it may have possibly been my first Sephora purchase ever! It has definitely been my first foray into high-end skin care. This was one of the $10 Sephora's door busters. I can't find it on the Sephora website anywhere, but I saw it on Amazon for $21.99.


Purifying Gel Cleanser (1 fl oz. Valued at $5.20 based on the price of full-size product.) This was my favorite product out of the whole box. You only need a tiny drop for your whole face which means it lasted for a long time. It's gentle and smells great. Also, I did a great job getting all the dirt and makeup off my face. I balk at the price of $26 for 5 ounces, but since such a tiny bit goes a long way, I am considering buying this.


Oil Free Nightly Hydration (0.5 fl oz. Valued at $12.86 based on the price of full-size product.) My least favorite product of the box. I think this might be better for someone with oilier skin that mine. It just didn't feel like it lived up to the "hydration" bit in it's name. I liked the way it smelled, but that's all I can pretty much say. I only used the whole tube because I had it on hand.


Luminizing Black Mask (0.35 oz. Valued at $4.25 based on the price of full-size product.) Definitely the coolest product in the kit! I never got mine to look like the the model's in the picture. It is a very thick mask and difficult to spread. Unless you seriously caked it on, it was much more translucent. I didn't love this product. It hurt to peel off--felt a little like the Biore nose strips, except all over your face. Plus, I didn't feel like it did an amazing job for me. Glad I got to try it, but I wouldn't purchase it again.


Green Tea Blotting Linens (25 sheets. Valued at $2.50 based on the price of full-size product.) I also loved these linens. Of course, blotting papers are blotting papers and these do the job. They are twice the size of the ones that I've used in the past. I know a lot of people love Starbucks napkins, but I feel like these work better than those. I *might* purchase these again. But at $10/100, I'm sure I can find more economical options.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia