Skip to main content

NYC Matte Me Crazy



Matte nail polish isn't something that has ever caught my eye for long. But the other day, I was at Target and I spotted the NYC Matte Me Crazy polish. Mattifying polish for less than $2? Well, that certainly cannot hurt to try!

This polish is not as matte as Essie and I think it's absorbed some of my lotion since I applied it, thus giving it a bit of a satin-y look. But I'm not that picky...yet!

This polish is Wet 'n' Wild Shine nail color in Black Creme topped with NYC Matte Me Crazy. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard as Wraps Acrylic Gel + Nylon went on the tips.

I really love the look of matte polish and will probably be using it a lot this year. One trick I learned from reading online is that the matte topcoats don't provide much protection. :( So, either coat your tips with a topcoat, like with a french look, or put a topcoat on for protection before you mattify.

Oh, and my manicure was, of course, inspired by Chloe's Nails. :)

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia