Skip to main content

Green Eyes. An updated Addictive Cosmetics review {indie cosmetic companies}

You may have read my review of Addictive Cosmetics a few days ago in which I didn't have anything nice to say about their FixIt spray. Well, despite the bad review, I didn't want to give up on this spray! After a little trial and error, I've found the secret to making it all work--at least in my makeup kit!

How I got this look:
  1. Apply e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer all over the lid. This keeps the shadow from creasing.
  2. Spray Addictive Cosmetics FixIt into the palm of your hand. Dip a finger into the FixIt and apply to the lid. This makes the Addictive Cosmetics shadow POP.
  3. Apply a satiny ivory shadow to your brow bone and tear duct. I used one of the shadows from the 32 piece e.l.f. Warm Eyeshadow Palette that was available in Target during Christmas.
  4. Using a crease brush, apply a matte brown in your crease. I used a matte brown from the same 32 piece e.l.f. Warm Eyeshadow Palette.
  5. Using a flat, firm brush (I actually use my SOHO concealer brush), apply Addictive Cosmetics loose shadow in Camo on the lid.
  6. Blend the brown color and Camo together a bit.
  7. Run a fluffly blending brush over everything to make sure it is all cohesive.
  8. Top it all off with CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara.
So, as you might have noticed, I used two different eye primers. Why? Well, one day, I had an experiment. I applied e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer to one eye and Addictive Cosmetics FixIt to the other eye. Over all that, I applied Addictive Cosmetics loose shadow in Sailor. Sailor is a beautiful deep navy blue that I picked so I could see the creasing very easily.

What I found was that, initially, the shadow looked best on the eye that used FixIt. Why? I think it's because FixIt is tacky and really grabs the shadow. The e.l.f. primer just didn't grab the shadow as well and almost looked patchy.

I thought about going out and buying Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance (as I don't own either of those) but decided to try and make this work with what I've got.

Solution? Layer the primers! So, I layered the FixIt over the e.l.f. primer and it worked beautifully! I got the beautifully pigmented shadows in full force from FixIt and longevity from e.l.f.

My shadows were beautiful all day even through Zumba and a rainstorm!

p.s. I posted this look on Reddit, check it out! :)
Disclaimer: This review contains samples were sent to me by the brand. I have never been paid for a review and I always give my honest and unbiased opinion.

Comments

  1. Next time we're together we'll have to compare the results of this to using UDPP alone. It's neat that you found a solution, but still a big negative that FixIt does not work on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Which means I might not recommend that anyone buy it outright, but I'm glad I figured out how to make it work.

      Of course, at $6.75 for FixIt and $3 for the e.l.f. primer, that would be considerably cheaper that UDPP. But, yes, next time we're together, we definitely need to compare the two side by side.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia