Skip to main content

so much pretty: l'oreal paris colour riche nail color in violet vixen (500)

So, in one of my magazines the other day, there was an article about shellac manicures. At the end of the article, it was mentioned how there's a Revlon Color Stay nail polish that works wonderfully and actually stays put for 11 days (through toddler taming and dishwashing). For those of us who, you know, can't go get a shellac.

I want to get a shellac manicure!

In the mean time, I headed to Target.

The Revlon Color Stay said it would only stay for the full 11 days if used with the proper base & top coat. Which, of course, they were out of. 

Then, I walked by the new L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche nail color. The bottles were almost $2 cheaper a piece ($4.99 vs $6.79) and they had a better selection of color AND the base coat & top coat I needed.

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche nail color ad promised that the color would last for 10 days. If It doesn't, I'm so going to return these. I do NOT need another purply-pinkish chippy nail color.

I painted these babies last night while watching the Bachelor. (Shawntel?!? What?) I'm not the best manicurist, but I really hate it when I try my best and the color has chipped less than 24 hours later. (Happened to me last week. Sad face.) So, you know, fingers crossed.

I should note that, when applying, this nail polish was a bit thicker than I expected. And it was pretty quick drying. Which meant things got a little gloopy if I didn't get it right the first try. I tend to put a scarce amount of polish on the brush and this works great for thinner polishes. However, with this polish, being a bit more liberal helped.

Also, it's much more forgiving than Sally Hansen InstaDry (I know you were all thinking about that one) and things turned out okay. Which is really nice for me. I don't want to have to go back and re-do my bad manicure.

I'll update this when the polish starts to chip. And then again in 10 days. Hopefully the later comes first. 

Comments

  1. Did you use a base/top coat? Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat is amazing. It's really very different from the SH Insta-Dri polishes, and it's usually in a box, near the treatments, not the polishes.

    Revlon ColorStay polish really does last forever. It didn't chip off, it wore off. After, like, two or three weeks. I have on in a tan color that I bought for a simple safe work-safe manicure. It's like a shimmery "mannequin hands" color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh get a shellac when you can! I have to admit I'm addicted to it. I was getting so sick of polish chipping less than 24 hours after it was applied. Tried the shellac and was instantly hooked. Been doing it now for 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, now this interests me. I need to know if it lasts through toddler tami g and dishwashing. I'll be waiting with bated breath...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried it and actually had a good experience. It lasted a full 7 days without chipping and I received multiple compliments on how good my nails look

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman