Skip to main content

my green predicament

I dyed my hair Atlantic Blue on July 29th, a Friday. And this is what it looked like two days later, on Sunday. This photo is after no washings, just the initial rinsing and conditioning.


I knew it couldn't last. I knew it was bound to fade sooner or later. And, really, I was kind of hoping for sooner because the blue hair has been SUCH a pain. (More on that later.) But I did not expect it to fade how it has faded.


One and a half weeks and about 4 washes later, my hair is practically green. GREEN!

So, I'm trying to decide whether I should:
  1. keep doing what I'm doing (washing it with color safe shampoo every few days) and let it continue to fade at this rate.
  2. use cheap shampoo, daily, to help get the color out faster.
  3. dye it brown.


I think I'm going to dye it again, but, as I'm going to a cousin's wedding in a few weeks, I thought I'd don some normal hair for that occasion.

I'm not sure quite what to do and I'm not sure about this hair!

Comments

  1. HA! (Sorry, should I not be laughing?) I say, throw yourself on your bed and cry into your pillow Anne-style for a good long time, then keep with the color-safe shampoo and see what it does. At least it gives you a great story to tell (and I do love a good story). For the wedding, buy an awesome wig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually blue dyes go green really fast, the red ones last ages and pink ones are not bad. I have the la riche directions turquoise and it´s lasting quite a lot actually.surprisingly! and to make it darker less radioactive im going to mix it with atlantic blue i was looking for pics and that´s how i got into your blog. anyways i guess your hair would have changed by now hahaha

    Helena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman