Skip to main content

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.


I recently finished reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time and thoroughly loved it. I thought it might be drab. I thought I might dislike it just as much as I do Wuthering Heights.

I was so wrong.

Of course, I've already seen the movies--at least some of them--and know the basic premise of the story. So, I was pretty sure I would like the book. I didn't know how much I would love it!

I'd review the story, but I suspect you already know what it's all about. If you don't, you can certainly goggle and find a review that is much better than one I could write. I will say that, as with most books that have movies made out of them, its better than the movie. It is much better than the movie. I foresee that Pride and Prejudice will be a book I will read at least once a year.

It wasn't a difficult read, as I often assume older novels will be. I couldn't put it down! If you're in need of a really good love story, I highly recommend it. I was totally swooning at the end. :)

I cannot wait to watch the BBC Pride and Prejudice mini-series. I hear its the best movie version.

Next novel? I think I'll read Emma. I'm not sure if I'll like it as much, but it sure makes me want to watch Clueless!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you liked it so much! I've read it and enjoyed it, but I never have gotten swept away by it as so many other people seem to. I wonder why that is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It really is one of those you could read every year. In fact, I'm tempted to pick it up again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia