Skip to main content

2010 Year In Review

2010: In The Beginning
Where did you bring in the New Year? I don't remember the stroke of midnight. Photos from the 1st tell me that Mary & Kevin were in town. So we probably celebrated at my parents' house. Mike and I spent most of New Year's Day working on our new home with my parents.
Who were you with? On New Year's Day, I had lunch w/ Amanda. Afterwards, Mom, Dad, Mike and I worked on the house. Thrilling, I know.
Did you make any resolutions? Again, I resolved to touch my toes. Maybe I will be able to this year.


2010: Your Love Life
Did you break up with anyone? Nope!
Did you get anything for Valentine's day? We went out for sushi and saw Valentine's Day. It was a great date :)
Did you meet anyone special? Not romantically
Did you fall in love? With my puppy!


2010: Friends and Enemies
Did you meet any new friends this year? Oh, sure! I made a bunch of new photog girlfriends.
Did any of your friendships end? Not that I can think of...
Did you dislike anyone? Not really.
Did you make any new enemies? No
Did you resolve any fights? Plenty!
Who was(were) your closest friend(s)? Oh, my husband, for sure. My favorite girlfriend to hang out with is Anne Marie
Who did you grow apart from? Lives change, people move, but I didn't lose a significantly close friend.
Do you have any regrets when it comes to your friendships? Only that I would pursue friendships more.


2010: Your BIRTHDAY!!
Did you have a cake? Yes! I didn't know I was going to have a cake, so I made some cupcakes. And then, on the evening of my birthday, Mike surprised me with a delicious chocolate ganache cake!
What did you do for your birthday? Had sushi dinner the night before. Then had a lazy morning and lots of yummy food spattered throughout the day. Lots of sweet time spent with my hubby. :)
Did you have a party? Nope. But Kristy and Kyle came over for dinner and cake!
Did you get any presents? Lots of fun stuff from my boss: a scarf, yoga mat (so I don't have to use the stinky gym ones!), and language translator (a bit of a joke...so I can communicate with the cleaning lady who doesn't speak a lick of english). Some yummy Votivo candles from Mike (and a logo...to come). Some awesome boots from my sister (seriously, I'm addicted to them). And some cash (which will fund my new camera purchase!) from my parents and in-laws. 
If so, what was the best thing you got? Spending time with family/friends is always my favorite gift. But the boots are probably the best, I wear them almost everyday!


2010: All about YOU
Did you change at all this year? Who doesn't change in a year?
Did you dye your hair? Not yet. Toyed with the idea though. (Anne Marie? Purple?)
Did you get your hair cut? Yep. I chopped it off!
Did you change your style? Just recently I've decided to try and be a bit more adventuresome with my style. I plan on documenting it on So Much Pretty.
Were you in school? I took a photography class.
Did you have a job? Still a super-nanny!
Did you drive? Oh plenty! Not as much as last year, as I'm not going to school 45m away anymore.
Did you own a car? We paid off my car this year!
Did anyone close to you give birth? Lots of babies were born and adopted! :)
Did you move at all? Mike and I moved into our new home in April.
Did you go on any vacations? We went to Bangladesh in April. Not exactly a vacation, though. But I did seriously enjoy it. We also went to Charleston for our 1st anniversary and we're in Michigan to round out the new year!
Did you leave the country at all? Yep! Went to Bangladesh
Would you change anything about yourself now? I wish I had another pair of boots...


2010: Wrap Up.
Is 2010 a good year? A great year.
Did 2010 bring any new insights? I learned a lot from being a nanny and a wife :)
Do you think 2011 will top 2010? Each year trumps the last!


2011
How old will you turn in 2011? 27
Do you think you'll be married by then? I already am, so yes!
What do you look forward to most in the next 2 months? Another cheesy date movie for Valentines Day? ;)
Will you be looking for a new job? Nope
Will you be looking for a new relationship? No way!
New house? No, I love my house!
New Years resolution? Be adventuresome in my style and touch my toes. 
Any trips planned? Not really. There are trips that I'm hopeful we MIGHT take.
Wedding plans? Not any of my own.
What's on your calendar? Um....yoga?
What can't you wait for? Most things are worth waiting for.
What would you like to see happen different? Oh, I don't know. I'm happy with the way things are going :)
What about yourself will you be changing? I will really be pushing my photography and trying to be more disciplined with my time :)
What happened in '10 that you didn't think would ever happen? Well, the entire trip to Bangladesh, really. It's not exactly a vacation destination that most people dream about. (But I loved it and hope we get to visit again!)
What will you do differently in 2011? Okay, this year, I really will touch my toes. Yoga + chiropractor = I think it'll happen.

Comments

  1. I like this post! Cool little survey reviewing all the fun things last year, in an original way! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia