Skip to main content

White Crape Myrtles

I like crape myrtles (lagerstroemia). They're good southern trees, they flower every summer, they come in pink. Of course I like them. I really wanted a crape myrtle at my house. I had crape myrtle blooms on the arch at my wedding. Who doesn't like a tree with masses of pink flowers on it? No one, that's who!


I don't like white crape myrtles. Because they usually look like this...


Actually, that one isn't nearly as bad as the ones I see along the highway. The ones that are supposed to be white but rather look quite brown and ugly. Yuck!

We had a dying crape myrtle in our yard and had it cut down last fall. There was a few inches of stump left and guess what happened? The thing started growing! I was so excited. I really really love pink and purple crape myrtles. They are SO beautiful!

Imagine my disappointment when I saw white blooms popping up on my crape myrtle. Ugh. Really?

But more and more blooms have been popping up, and I don't think I've ever seen such pretty white blooms on a crape myrtle (and in September, too)! Pretty and fluffy and...white! I think I'm turning a new leaf in my love for crape myrtle.


Comments

  1. Hooray! I love crepe myrtles too. I'm so glad you own one and that it's actually a pretty white one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia