Skip to main content

Reading the Deathly Hallows


As you may or may not have known I've been re-reading my way through the Harry Potter series. I've made it to the final book and I've got to say that it really is just as good if not better than the first time I read it.

I, of course, pre-ordered this book the minutes Barnes and Noble would let me. I even went to the midnight release to get this book. I sat in my car in the B&N parking lot reading the first chapter. It was difficult, but I closed the book, restrained myself enough to get home and into my living room where I stayed up until 6am reading the book. It was that good. Who am I kidding? It's still that good!

I've had a really hard time putting this book down even though I know what's going on. There is so much action and it's hard to find a stopping point. I mean, seriously, I just finished Chapter 17: Bathida's Secret and Chapter 18: The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore. Two pretty intense chapters.

What's next? Chapter 19: The Silver Doe. Seriously? The SILVER DOE. I know what the Silver Doe is. I know what it represents.

But I don't remember exactly what happens, so I really want to get there again. And I don't remember all of the Prince's Tale, so I really want to get there again too. Or Xenophilius Lovegood. I don't remember half of that chapter, just the basic gist. But there isn't a single passage in this book that isn't vital to the story and they're all interesting.

When I was reading the final Twilight book, I skipped half of if because it was boring and I just wanted to know what happened. You can't do that with Harry Potter. It might be about a boy wizard and that might seem lame to some people, but holy moly, this stuff is GOOD.

Anyway, it's really hard to put the book down. I'm off the read the Silver Doe.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia