Skip to main content

time keeps on slippin'

So, we've decided that I'll be taking this next semester off. The way we came to this decision is kind of cool, actually. I had been thinking about it for a while. I want a break. We need to save money. And we found out the hard way last semester that we work best when only one person is crazy busy and the other person is not. Mike will be crazy busy this semester. He's doing freelance, working at Starbucks, and working on the house. I help out with the house when I can, but to be honest, there's not a lot I can do there until we get to painting and stuff like that.


We were talking one night and we realized that God had put it on both our hearts for me to take this semester off. It had been on both of our minds for a while but neither had mentioned it.


And that was pretty much it.


And I'm really excited.


I'm excited about keeping house, making yummy dinners, spending time with girlfriends, going to the ladies bible study, keeping up with my etsy shop and being crafty.


I'm happy to play housewife with my free time, but I really need prayer about TIME MANAGEMENT.


Whew! Who knew the time could fly away so quickly? Sheesh. I've decided to implement a few things: waking up early and a schedule.


I'm tired of wasting my days. Even my husband says he can tell the difference between when I've had a productive day and when I haven't. Apparently, my attitude at the end of the day is much better and happier if I've had a productive day. He supposes that it's because I feel guilty for being lazy. I suppose he's right!


So, I'm going to try to work harder and spend less time in front of my computer or and being productive while the morning talk shows are on instead of just vegging on the couch.


Any effective time management tips for the housewife?

Comments

  1. Good luck!

    I do best when I start getting things done right away. If I put them off until later in the day, I'll just keep putting them off. As soon as I wake up, before I even go upstairs to make breakfast, I'll put in a load of laundry. Usually, by the time that I am cleaning up from breakfast, it's time to put the clothes in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I said when I read this... "lucky b***h!" Sorry. But, seriously. I'd love to keep house. (No kids involved though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I am very glad you get to keep house!!!
    2. I love how God put the same thing on both of your hearts. That's one way that Jeremy and I know for sure what we're supposed to do, and it feels so good when it happens.
    3. I have to put my schedule in writing, or it means nothing.
    4. I can totally understand Stargirl's reaction. If I weren't FINALLY staying home with my girls (hooray!) I would have had the same thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman