Skip to main content

mos def is an actor

Maybe it's because I like words, (even though you'd never know that thanks to my frequent typos) but I don't get the shortening of words that has become trendy. The first time I got an emails that said "totes" and was not referring to bags, I had to ask my trust friend Google. Of course, I'm not entirely about scrutiny. I use vaycay, I have been known to refer to my parents as the 'rents and I definitely have some faves.

But...obvi? presh? perf? din-din??? I'm reminded of talking with Davis who is two and does not have a proper grasp on the English language. He calls me "tee" and says "ga-bu" for thank you. It is so dang cute.

If you're a lover of these cute abbrevs, I found this cute guide. However, I would strongly advise against saying din-din or night-night unless you are a) under five-years-old or b) talking to someone who is under five-years-old.

Comments

  1. is that really what comes to mind when you think "mos def"?? actor? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mos Def's wikipedia listing labels him as an actor before the even mention music. And, hello Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman