Skip to main content

Fable

I have no work this week because the kiddos are at the beach. It's been a good week so far and a ton of it has been spent playing Fable II on Mike's xbox 360.

Fable 2 is due back to Blockbuster on Thursday, and I wanted to beat it before it was due back. It's such a fun game for someone like me to play. It's very user friendly. I can't fall off cliffs, there is a gold dust trail that usually tells me where I need to go (but I can explore without it!), safety is on and so you can't kill townspeople unless you mean to. The game aims for me and makes killing beetles/hobbes/bandits and other enemies very easy. Also, it's very sims-like in that you can get townspeople to fall in love with you, get married, and have kids.

For anyone who plays the game that may be curious about my hero:
  • She is good and pure to the max. Halo, flowing blonde hair, and a golden retriever baby.
  • She wears the full noble lady outfit except for the hat. Well, the hat was donned for a little while before it was decided to be ugly.
  • Dog's name: Sizzle.
  • Married Alex from the quest and has 2 children with him Amy and James. (The kids are pretty different. Amy's favorite expression is the fart and James is a tofu-loving serious type. When I do the fart expression she thinks it's super funny, but he hates it.)
  • Preferred method of fighting: will spells (time control, zombies, flame...in that order) followed by picking people off with the best crossbow money can buy.
  • Chose to bring back my family & pet with my one wish--I had to have that dog back.
I beat the game with my good character, played a few more quests, and then started over. Off to make me an evil character. Not too much development so far: I named my dog Roxanne, rented out my gypsy home, and did a few quests.

Now that I've beat the game, I'm a little less addicted, but I'm still enjoying it. I still have a few wishes in mind, like getting 8 perfect rounds in the Crucible or remembering to invest in the Westcliff pub with Barnum this time around.

I like it so much, though, that I might try to find the game on eBay for cheap.

Okay, I'm done geeking out.

Comments

  1. Such a good game! My boyfriend's roommate has it and I played it relentlessly for a few weeks. You do eventually get tired of it when you have completed most of the tasks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, there is a Fable I. You should look to play that for your next game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of fabled out, but I think I will see if I can find the first fable. I hear good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia