Skip to main content

Nothing says "I Love You" like a cell phone

Several cell phone companies are offering Valentine's Day sales--because nothing says "I Love You" like a cell phone.

Who gets cellphones as gifts anyway? And who gives them?

I just find it rather odd. A cell phone comes with a contract (and if it doesn't then it is usually ridiculously expensive!) and it's not like you can just sign someone up for a two-year contract that they didn't even ask for.

There are, of course, exceptions. Maybe your boyfriend was just salivating over those iPhones. Maybe you surprised your best friend by telling her that you were getting her a new phone and you went to pick it out together.

In the commercials--which clearly are mirrors of true and actual events--the people get phones as a surprise. Did the gifter sign them up for the two-year contract? Or did the gifter pay the ridiculous sum to buy the phone without any signing bonuses.

Have you ever given/received a cell phone as a gift? Let me know, because I don't think I know anyone that has.

Maybe, I'm thinking too much. I do know that I'm tired and not thinking clearly. I don't want Valentine's day to turn into a huge gift-giving holiday. Maybe it is already and I just don't know about it. I like the cheesiness of chocolates and flowers on Valentine's day. I don't care what color you make a Blackberry, it's just not romantic.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

  1. I SO TOTALLY AGREE!

    My boss, Craig, bought his wife a cell phone for Vday last year. How horrible! And he was so excited about his idea. She wasn't so thrilled (but I don't think he knows that.)

    He bought his kids cell phones for Christmas this year...that's different. They were begging for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia