Skip to main content

Fruuuuit Looooops

I'm sitting here with a toddler at my feet who doesn't yet toddle but understands a heck of a lot more than he lets on.

He's fifteen months and some days but was seven weeks and one day premature. He was supposed to be born August 1st which would have made him not even fourteen months old today. His brother is at kindergarten and his sister is at preschool.

He has moved from sitting at my feet to staring out the window. Not only staring at the window, but coming in full contact with it and kissing the cool glass. Making silly noises and walking away leaving behind a smear of baby saliva.

He's moved on again.

This time to the small desk that technically belongs to his sister but is used by all three children. He likes the desk because it houses wonderful things like markers to suck on and draw all over his face and crayons to chew and subsequently spit out. Those things are yucky.

He loves brushes. Hair brushes or tooth brushes, he doesn't really care. He knows what each is used for and loves to reach out to me. He brushes my hair sometimes and makes a mess out of it, but never my teeth.

He gets a little mischievous grin when he finds his way to the cereal cabinet and pulls out a box. Two days ago it was Frosted Flakes. They ended up all over the floor. Today it was Fruit Loops.

I stood in front of him. "Fruit Loops? Can you say 'Fruuuuit Looooops'?"

He stared back at me. "Aaaah," he squawked.

"Or cee-reeee-aaal?"

He stared at me again and stuck his hand in the box. He withdrew a fist full of Fruit Loops and kept on munching. Oh well. We've got "ma-ma" and "da-da." We're working on "Miss Tiffany" but I have a feeling it's going to be a while for that one.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman