Skip to main content

sing dance skill



I don't like to spend a lot of money on my makeup and makeup tools. I don't feel the need to pay one hundred plus dollars for a little face paint. The drugstore products are my friends. I love it two things to help me find the inexpensive but good quality stuff: Glammies and Makeup Alley. It was from Makeup Alley and various youtube videos that I learned of Essence of Beauty, the makeup and beauty line sold exclusively at CVS. I bought a few brushes and have since become obsessed. The above brush is the EoB kabuki brush. Soft, thick...so far, so good.

I have no idea where the kabuki brush got it's name from. Kabuki is a form of traditional Japanese theater consisting of elaborate costumes and makeup. The characters for "kabuki" (which I cannot type on my computer) mean sing, dance, and skill. From whence I get my blog title. If someone knows of a connection between the theater and the brush, fill me in. I can't find any, so I'll just assume it's coincidence.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

  1. 歌舞伎
    ...though I dunno if you'll actually be able to see the characters though.

    And I totally learned something from comments too, since I'd never known exactly the meaning of the second character ("bu") was. Incidentally, it's what I assume to be a much older form of the word dance, referring more to some kind of whirling dance than dance in general, since 踊る (odoru) is the word commonly used.

    Not sure about "ki". The dictionary does translate it as "technique" or "skill" or something, but it must be another little used character, cuz I'd never seen it before.

    As for "ka" it's spot on. Still used today for the word song (at least in some scenarios).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia