Skip to main content

definitely shoulda drank decaf

augh. i hate not being able to sleep. i have been in and out of it since i got to bed. sleeping only for an hour's stretch and then waking up only to realize that it is still the wee hours. i just ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. it was not that great, but i was hungry. usually pb&j tastes great when i am hungry. you know what would taste good right now? sleep.

i could not figure out why sleep was evading me until i looked at my phone. one new text message: shoulda drank decaf. hmm...someone else cannot sleep either. caffeine used to not really affect me. but i guess i do not exactly drink a 20oz of vault every day anymore. sheesh.

for once i decided to use my time wisely and work on memorization.


Aleph
Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD!
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with their whole heart, and also do no wrong, but walk in His ways.
You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently.
Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes!
Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments.
I will praise you with an upright heart when I learn your righteous rules
I will keep your statues, do not utterly forsake me.
Psalm 119:1-8 (ESV)

curled up in my comforter, i read and recited over and over again. i thought of cj mahaney and how he repeats the same thing in different ways, like this passage. what a good way to really drive a point home!

while it did quiet my brain nicely, i still cannot sleep. but it is five am and i can still get a good ninety minutes in. no sense in not trying.

♥, TiffanyAnne

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman