Skip to main content

"In Pursuit" of what?

My blog title, as you can see is "In Pursuit." The subtitle is in Mandarin and it means a knot of self-indulgent lunacy.

I am not in pursuit of a knot of self-indulgent lunacy. Rather, I sort of view this blog as a knot of self-indulgent lunacy. What, exactly, am I pursuing? There are many things that one can be in pursuit of: love, fame, wealth, etc.

Not in pursuit of gentlemen. This is in effort to not get tangled up in yet another whirlwind storm of a romance. Yeah, yeah, you may find yourself thinking. You've said that before, lady. And I cannot deny that you have every right to think this isn't going to last. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. I know what I'm thinking but I don't know what God's got in mind. I'm not going to indulge here on the intarwebs what is going on in my heart, but those of you who have a similar mindset to mine (and how few of us there are) may know what is there. I've drafted new standards that I wholly desire to follow. Standards to keep this time, you know, with His help. Lord knows I fail on my own.

In pursuit of more Godly friendships. I've been getting those too. A new bible study. New roommates, at least one of whom is a fellow believer. More time fellowshiping and cultivating new and old friendships. It's so fantastic.

In pursuit of a deeper fire for the Lord. I don't think this is something that really needs explaining. I'm getting there too.

In pursuit of sanity. That's greatly on my mind today because the babies (two of whom are no longer babies) have been particularly trying today. Grace and patiences sent from above is a great aid in keeping my sanity in tact.

In pursuit of better dancing. Laugh at this one all you want, but I love to swing dance. It's a passion of mine. God gave me the dance floor, He provided the lessons, He even introduced me to other swing dance obsessed believers.

In pursuit of more fine tuned writing. By having an audience, I desire to keep that audience captive. This can't be done if I write about the mundane things of life...and keep them sounding mundane.

In pursuit of artistic photography. I try to take photos every single day (granted, I don't always succeed) and in doing so, I like to think that I force myself to be more artistic. Sometimes it works, sometimes the pictures are anything but artsy.

So now you know, I guess, what I'm in pursuit of.

("Hi!" says Stargirl, "To your constituents.")

Comments

  1. Pursuing together...most of those things.

    Hi to StarGirl! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman