Skip to main content

Way to be ecumenical...

If Star Wars were real, then this group would be the good side (Yoda's side), and the dark side (The Emperor) would be "Join the Protestant Side."

Anyway, this is a board to provide information and support for anyone who is considering becoming Catholic. We will try to provide information for you about what the Church teaches and how everything that the Church teaches is supported by Sacred Scripture and in know ways contradicts it. If you have any questions, feel free to post them on the wall or as a group discussion.

If you are not a Catholic and want some info, please, ask a question!


I was just invited by a "friend" to join a group on Facebook with the above description. Obviously I know why. What I don't understand, however, is what wonderfully loving person wrote the first sentence. It seriously saddened me.

It's a dumb parallel, but if one were to do it accurately, wouldn't all Christians be the good side and Satan be the dark side? Instead of creating an even bigger divide in Christendom?

♥, Tiffany Anne

Comments

  1. Tiffster, this is the Great Catholic Arrogance in a nutshell. I listen to scriptural debates from time to time, and every one involving Catholic theology involves a statement just like that somewhere within. It ceased being offensive a long time ago; Now I find it bloody hilarious :) You will have to trust me on this one, by the fifteenth time you hear it you'll laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's really sad? A few years ago, I used to the be arrogant little bugger who would see that and think it was funny. I was raised catholic. There is a Great Catholic Arrogance. My family is all catholic. They're not arrogant, though, thank goodness. Not intentionally, at least.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman