Skip to main content

1 year = 12 months = 52 weeks = 365 days = 8760 hours = 520,200 minutes = 312,012,000 seconds...

Dear Mike,

I thanked the Lord today, for MySpace.com and O-CHA Tea Bar, two seemingly everyday aspects of my life that suddenly became imperative things that led me to meeting a most amazing man.

"I thank my God every time I remember you."
Phillipians 1:3
One of the first things we ever did together was go to mass. I'm sure I freaked you out with my "big-ass chapel veil" [I'm quoting a priest...I swear.] and my oh-so-traddy-Catholic ways. But you weren't looking for a girlfriend and I was trying hard to not look for a boyfriend. I had given up dating for Lent. Always the overanalyzer, every time someone said any little thing about you liking me (even if they meant friend-like) I got sucked in.

April 2006

Our first 'date'...hmmm. Now, was it that one time we ate at Coffee Underground (speaking of which we so need to have some of their grilled cheese again...yum!), or was it that time we went for sushi? I guess we both generally agree it was that night we drove up to Hendersonville with the windows down and the music blasting. You were impressed that I knew all the words to the song.

She calls me from the cold
Just when I was low, feeling short of stable
And all that she intends
And all she keeps inside, isn't on the label
She says she's ashamed
And can she take me for awhile
And can I be a friend, we'll forget the past
But maybe I'm not able
And I break at the bend

Fuel: "Shimmer"
The whole way back, I ogled the stars through the hole in your car's ceiling (sunroof). The following Sunday, I attended your crazy church. Easter Sunday. Resurrection Sunday. I had never heard it called that before. The salsa music--my goodness! I was unsure what to think but I will be ever grateful that you brought me there.

Soon afterwards, you had a meeting with your mentor in which (among other things, I'm sure) you mentioned me. Why you had to talk to this guy before dating me, I couldn't guess, but I would respect it. I had never dated a man before that went to seek wise counsel before making big decisions. I'm glad that you do.

May 2006

With May came our first real big fight. It was over something sorta silly but important to me. We haven't really had one like it since. I think what happened is that I grew up a little and realized you were right. With May also came our "first real date" because previous to that night, if we at together it was either me cooking or something like that. Yes, I have spoiled you from the start. I love cooking for you.

You're all I want in this wicked world.
Jon Auer: "Wicked World"
The summer was a hard one. You were in the third world with rarely a means of communication. (Until, that is, you discovered that your friends in Afghanistan actually had high speed internet.) And for the entirety of the summer, I was at camp. Surrounded by a bunch of young guys. Totally absorbing their immaturity. I learned a heck of a lot that summer--more than just how to dance like an Indian or how to build a retaining wall. The flowers and letters were the best and made me feel like the most special girl in the world. While we were apart, "Summer Songs For Tiffany" was my soundtrack and it was on repeat in my store while I worked and on my iPod while I slept.

August 2006

I wasn't sure where this picture was from so, I just assumed that I was taken at your condo. Now, scrutinizing the white board behind us, I can tell that it was your old house. I loved that house...mostly the kitchen. I love your new place. I remember how I didn't think that you should make the big move. I'm glad you did. It's not weird at all, it's wonderful. And it has skyrocketed your popularity--at least for a few weeks. Decorating that place was so much fun (as it continues to be as you pick out pieces of perfect furniture one-by-one). I get tickled every time someone assumes that you had an interior designer...perhaps I missed my calling. And so begins the dinner parties. :-)

September 2006
on the Sampit River boat tour--Harmony Townshipon the Sampit River boat tour--Harmony Township
Harmony Township. Our first "weekend getaway"--if you could call it that. Me sleeping on Glen's sofa bed and you on the floor of his office. The drive down was not unsimilar to that of our first date. Stars out, music blasting, and me, singing at the top of my lungs. It was great fun for me to be able to see the people who value your work so much and to see your work beyond the computer screen. "Look! Hey, that's your logo! It's everywhere!" Ha-ha.

That month was our 6-month anniversary. I put this bible verse in you card. (Oh...the cards. Let's not go there!)

"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:12-17
November 2006
photo taken by tom glass
What a great weekend that was! High above Tennessee in a huge cabin with a bunch of friends. I came off that weekend with such a God-high.

And everything You hold in Your hand
Still You make time for me I can't understand
Praise You God of Earth and sky
How beautiful is Your unfailing love

Chris Tomlin: "Unfailing Love"
It was like the whole world was clearer than it had ever been and I was suddenly conscious that I was grateful for every breath that God allowed me to take in. I'm glad that I got to share that weekend with you. Even if you beat me in pool.

January 2007
photo taken by tom glass
I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay

The Postal Service: "Such Great Heights"
I love this photo. I love all the photos in this set. I felt so awkward because I didn't know what to do! Tom was moving around snap-snap-snapping photos and I was like, "Am I supposed to just sit here? Should I talk? Should I smile?" "Pretend like Tom isn't here." You told me. "No, wait that's a bad idea. If Tom weren't here, you'd be on the floor making jewelry and I'd be watching football." I think this photo is perfect, because it's pretty much our favorite place to be. :-)

February brought hardship. Much needed hardship, I think we both would agree. I'm glad we came through the other side of it all better than we were before.

We live on front porches and swing life away
We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labor I'll slave 'til the end
I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand

Rise Against: "Swing Life Away"
Which ever path you and I go, I love you, Mike. And right now, I have that peace.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11
Love,
Tiffany

p.s. I hope you didn't read this before I edited it out. I would hate to have you tease me tonight about my horrid typos. (There are probably still more.)

Comments

  1. Mathmatical error: you transposed two of the numbers in 8760 hours... 8760*60 is 525,600 minutes. 8670*60 is 520,200.

    Anyone who has ever seen Rent knows your wrong!


    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.
    In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life? How about love? Measure in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha-ha, yes! and i've even heard that song before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to fix it? 31,536,000 seconds...... plus you did more math wrong. Even if it was 520,200 minutes, 520220*60=31,212,000

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you lent him to me for a couple days at the end of that summer too (well, end of the trip since he came through at the end of June).
    Definitely provided me a much needed boost that got me through a rough patch over here in this funny section of the developed world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miscellaneous From MissyApril 19, 2007 at 3:34 PM

    *sighing with a peaceful smile* Isn't God good?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia