Skip to main content

Um, just so you know. Part deux

It all started with a few emails....

From: Dad
To: Tiffany
Guess who's playing at the Peace Center the end of March?

From: Tiffany
To: Dad
MOLLY RINGWALD

From: Dad
To: Tiffany
Are you going?

From: Tiffany
To: Dad
Wouldn't I love too? But, nah, not going.

From: Dad
To: Tiffany
Too bad... I thought of you as soon as I saw the billboard. Why
you not going?

From: Tiffany
To: Dad
Eh...can't go to everything. Even if it is an 80's teen-queen movie
superstar. Ha-ha.

From: Dad
To: Tiffany
Ahhh yes, we sure can't do everything we want. Like me, tomorrow is my
day off and I'd really like to take it off, but alas..... I'll be here,
probably Saturday too.

These e-mails were then forwarded to my boyfriend by my sneaky father. My boyfriend then proceeded to use his connections to get us box seats. A few days later, Mike asked if I would go on a date with him the following Tuesday. Of course I would; I love dates!

"But why Tuesday?" I asked.

"Because I want to." Mike said.

Eh, good enough for me.

Mike was called up later by the box office who told him that we had won something and were invited to the Sweet Charity opening night cast party at The Cazbah.

Unfortunately, I ruined the surprise. I was sitting at his computer and his inbox was open. (No, I wasn't snooping he was standing right behind me.) I saw an e-mail at the very bottom that was from my father! Huh? It had the same subject like as the above e-mails did. So, I go to click on it and when I do, Mike freaks out! I pretty much figured out that he was taking me to see MOLLY RINGWALD. Mike said that he wouldn't take me now since I had ruined the surprise. Ha-ha. I hadn't ruined the total surprise though. I didn't find out about our really good seats until we got there and I didn't find out about the cast party until I almost turned it down.

::After the show::

"So, you wanna go up to the Cazbah for some wine and some desert?"

"Oh...I don't know. I have to work early tomorrow. What time is it?"

"Uh....a quarter to eleven."

"Oh...ummm..." (I really wanted to go. I love the Cazbah! But it was late!)

"Okay, here's the thing. There's going to be a cast party at the Caz--"

"I'll get to meet Molly Ringwald!?!"

So we went. I had a glass of Riesling (He just went to the store a bought a bottle of it for me for our dinner tonight. What a sweetie!) and a strawberry empanada he had a glass of Merlot and a white chocolate and blueberry empanada. I asked our waitress what an empanada was and she said, "a pastry filled with deliciousness." Holy cow, she was right! Mmmmm, mine was so good and had Belgium chocolate inside! Ooooh.

Enter Molly Ringwald. Looking like a totally normal person. No, I didn't bug her. I gazed from afar and had conversation with Mike about how silly I am to be so crazy about her. She's just a regular person. I'm a nanny, Mike's a graphic designer, Molly's an actress. They're professions; her's just happens to make her very well known. With all her make-up off and her hair in a pony tail, she looked almost nothing about the Molly Ringwald I know. But that girl is from 80's movies.

Mike brought his camera, but we didn't ask for a picture. She was with her little three-year-old daughter and I didn't want to be fan-girl. That would have been weird. So, as we were leaving, I stopped by her table.

"I just couldn't leave the restaurant without saying hello. I'm a big fan. I think you're fabulous and I really enjoyed the show." I said with a big grin like a silly little school girl. She said thank you. We left. I did a little hop as we were walking down the street. "I met Molly Ringwald. Christine is going to hate me!"

I've been promised Sweet Charity poster signed by cast members. Hurrah!

Now...I think I want to watch "Pretty in Pink."

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. You make it all sound very exciting! I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff, you know it would've been okay if you'd asked for a pic? Rene Zellweger came into my restaurant and the first thing Mr. Yapp did was pull out a pen and a bev nap and ask for an autograph. (She's in leatherheads which they're filming in anderson and greenville)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yOuuu shoud have gotten a picture with her, that wouljd had been grand. YOu douclu have hung it up in your bedreooom if your bouyfriend wouldj jhave let you. He's pretty nice and handome too. Ou make a great coup;el. I need to find solme love like that, it's uper. You kids aregreat.

    -d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miscellaneous From MissyMarch 29, 2007 at 4:38 PM

    Yay! Such a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman