Skip to main content

Sell out

I didn't ask when we'd get paid
I quit my day job anyway
I guess it doesn't matter, I guess it doesn't matter anymore
You're gonna go to the record store
You're gonna give'em all your money
Radio plays what they want you to hear
They tell me it's cool, but I just don't believe it
Sell out, with me oh yea
Sell out with me tonight

Yes, I sold out. You can see it here--particularly every post that is tagged with: sponsored. I didn't sell out completely. You don't see those posts here on OverAnalyzed. But if someone is going to pay me $5.00(and possibly more) for writing 60-100 words about insurance, dating sites, or hotels, then why not? I started Ballyhoo as a general reviwing site. I review music I listen to, movies I see, shows I attend, or places I eat.

I'm registered at Blogvertize.com and at PayPerPost.com. So far, it's been easy money. Blogvertize sends me tasks via email and PayPerPost lets me choose my own. Obviously if they wanted me to write about a controversial topic that contrasted with my morals, I'd say no. It's a bit of an exaggeration when they say, "Get paid to blog about the things you love!" because, obviously, I am not in love with insurance. But whatever.

There are bloggers that think that selling out and getting paid to review sites is lame and completely selling out. What do you think?

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. Woot! Make that money girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather in Beautiful BCMarch 20, 2007 at 12:08 AM

    Hey, it's your blog so do it your way!

    Thanks for stopping by via PPP this morning - I've enjoyed my Blog of the Day status :)

    I really like the colors and pattern of your site - it's simple but beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your selling out. You put it on a different site. If you put it on here I'd get annoyed. Anonymous spelled w00t wrong... you use zeros... (I'm such a loser)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miscellaneous From MissyMarch 21, 2007 at 2:35 PM

    I'm all for making money...and I'm glad you put it on a different site. :-) Do you get paid by how many visitors you have, or by how great you paint the picture, or just for posting no matter what? If it's by visitors, I'll stop by there everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get paid for each post I write. I'm supposed to write them positively though. I don't get paid by visitors, but that does help my ranking go up and I can get more opportunities and be more "valuable" to advertisers. I'm trying to get in with "Review Me" but my blog doesn't have a high enough ranking to qualify, so more visitors might help that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in college still my dear - cha ching away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman