Skip to main content

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." --Ford Prefect in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Most of Saturday is blogged about here. But I don't think I mentioned dinner with Mike's family plus three of his sister's roomies. What fun and silly girls! I see them and I wonder if I should have ever gone to a "real" college so that I could have had that experience. But I've had roommate experiences at camp and those were far more crazy than college would be, I suspect. Especially my last year when the TP was co-ed. Thank goodness our toilet was not run by Dunkin Donughts, but I don't ever want to live with eighteen year old boys again. Unless, I suppose, they are my own sons.

Let me see. I'm just going to sum up the evening (relatively) quickly.

Dinner @ Sticky Fingers.
Girls ooohed and aaahed over the jewelry I made for Colleen.
Wandering around Mast General & OP Taylors w/ Mike, Colleen, & Dale.
Coffee @ Paris Cafe.
Meet up w/ girls.
Trolley Ride up Main Street, around Croft, and back down Main Street.
Girl realizes phone is missing.
Other girl calls phone.
Phone is at Paris Cafe.
Girls get off trolley to get phone.
Girls chase trolley half way down Main Street.
Exit trolley at RiverPlace.
Girls go once around revolving door of High Cotton.
Take the scenic route (past Art Crossing & fountains) to Mike's condo.
Girls get back to school before light bell.
After everyone left, Mike and I had good conversation. We've had good conversation a lot this weekend, and that always makes me happy. We talked, essentially, about growing up. Often, I still see myself as that loser high school girl. I was not pretty and I was a dork and I was uncomfortable in my own skin. Mike has seen the pictures to prove it. Eeek! (Gosh, I must love him to show him those pictures! Yikes!) Apparently, on the way back to BJU, the roomies said to Kristy that they thought I was "so cool!!!" How odd. I am so not cool. I realized this in high school and have since taken up the mantra that coolness is an illusion. (Adapted from 'time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so' though I have no second part to my mantra.) Mike and I talked about how weird it is when you are getting older and more mature without, sometimes, realizing it. People start looking up to you and suddenly you have to be very aware of your moves. Because younger eyes are watching. I realized this, of course, being a nanny. I don't swear, but if I did, so would Alex. I don't even let him say heck, shoot, or darn. He doesn't need that.

I still cannot believe, however, that there are people who think I am cool. How bizarre! My father would go: "Well, of course! Look who your dad is!"

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. You're so darn cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks you two!

    ---

    Matt, I had no idea you still read my blog! You never update yours. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm good! And yes, I stop by occasionally when my professors are being boring.
    My blog has fallen waste to lack of time and/or motivation. Surely it wasn't that interesting anyways...
    -Matt (for some reason I couldn't login to post this)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're kinda cool... but I'm totally cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman