Skip to main content

Everyone deserves a good meal.™

Usually, tex-mex is the menu for lunch after the Sunday morning service. This past Sunday was different; Mike, his family, and I went to Golden Corral.

Mike tells his family that I love Golden Corral. The truth is, I am not a good person to take to a buffet. I will be the first person to tell you this. I don't eat much. My entire meal (which I think cost, like, ten dollars or something) consisted wholly of veggies (of the southern definition) mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, green beans, stuffing, and some odd sort of baked potato. I topped if off with a modest bowl of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles.

"Is that all you're eating?" Someone asked incredulously. And when I said yes, I received in return, "Well, surely you're saving room for a large dessert." Of what? Paper-thin brownies and candy corn? Ha-ha. Well, I'm just not much of an eater. I say that I eat like a toddler: small servings more often. Sometimes this is true. Sometimes I'm a total pig, like when Mike makes pesto pizza. Just never at a buffet.

One person of out party commented what a good selection Golden Corral had to offer. If you are the buffet sort, take their word for it. I suppose that they were right. The food was tasty. Mike enjoyed one good steak (wrapped in bacon!) and when he returned for another, it was much less appetizing.

The rolls were delicious.

Most likely, next Sunday, Mike and I will head to the sketchy Monterrey's as usual. We'll order cokes, queso dip, two chicken-and-cheese quesadillas, and vegetarian D. We'll happily stuff ourselves with greasy tex-mex and go to his place to watch the game.

Comments

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman

A trip to Asia