Skip to main content

the story of my life

I'm writing a work of fiction for my creative writing class. I surprised myself when it turned out to be thirteen pages long.

The thing is--it is not exactly fiction. Yep, it's all true. Right down to the recipe for bruchetta. I did however leave out that I went to the gym that afternoon...that wasn't particularly fascinating or anything.

You see, I'm not very creative. Shhhh, don't tell. You can't be not-very-creative and be in a CREATIVE writing class. I am creative in some aspects: photography, poetry, jewelry making. That sort of stuff. But when it comes to writing stories, well, they say, "Write what you know." And I know me.

That is what inspired me to begin my memoirs. I've always wanted to write a book and, if I put some lovin' into it, I can be a pretty decent writer. I tried to write about an even from November 2005. If you'll recall, that's when I first started my downhill slide. It's nothing fascinating: grocery shopping when a guy called. But it was a pretty significant event for me at the time, so I thought I might include it. The event isn't as vivid as it once was. So either, I care a lot less (this is true) or my memory is fading (Lord, I hope not) or both.

When you are writing the story of your life, how do you pick and choose what stays and what goes?

♥Tiffany♥

Comments

  1. The things that mean the most to you, that have the most significance. You can put more into those than simple words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave some comment love!

Popular This Week

Watch out, Superman